- Download the Android SDK from here (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html).
- Extract the file.
- Double click on the tools folder.
- Double click on the android icon. This will run a script. Be patient and wait for it to complete.
- The SDK Manager will open. Make sure Android 4.0 (API level 14) and above are selected although we will target 4.3 and 4.4 for these tutorials.
- Click on the install packages button.
- You will be presented with a summary of the install. Click Install.
And now sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee. What? Don’t you have any coffee? Please take a moment to visit Pixel Coffee below as they have excellent coffee and they supply us with great tasting coffee. This enables us to bring these great tutorials to you.
Next Android Game Programming Lesson – Day 1.1 >>